Director of Accounting
Founded in 2014, Tracksmith is a venture-backed running brand. We make products for runners committed to the personal pursuit of excellence. We are hiring a Director of Accounting to oversee Tracksmith’s accounting function. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Finance, the Director of Accounting will prepare timely and accurate financial statements, own daily accounting operations and implement, monitor and upgrade internal controls. Given the growth plans for the business, this highly visible role has a unique opportunity to have a significant impact on the organization.
• Own the month-end close process, managing the accumulation of all data necessary for accurate and timely financial reporting.
• Constantly evaluate workflows and processes to implement changes that improve the accuracy and efficiency of the close process.
• Manage all finance operations including but not limited to accounts payable, accounts receivable, revenue recognition, all balance sheet reconciliations, and company credit card oversight.
• Manage and perform all banking functions, including wire payments.
• Manage proper cost accounting system for inventory, including reconciling and maintaining accurate inventory records.
• Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
• Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls, audit compliance and financial procedures.
• Assist with preparation of regular variance analyses and operating reports for management.
• Work with outside providers to file local, state and federal tax returns.
• Play a key role in communication with lenders and auditors.
• Work to continuously optimize the functionality, accuracy and efficiency of Netsuite.
• Participate and assist with ad hoc projects for internal and external stakeholders.
Skills & Qualifications
• 7+ years of accounting experience
• In-depth knowledge of US GAAP
• Experience with e-commerce or retail, particularly inventory-based businesses
• Preference for dynamic start-up environment
• Ability to interpret, synthesize, communicate, and present complex financial information
• Positive, solutions oriented attitude and ability to work in a team environment
• Exceptional attention to detail and dedication to producing accurate, high quality work
• Forward-looking thinker who can articulate the need for and implement process improvements
• Expert Excel skills; comfortable working with large data sets
• NetSuite experience strongly preferred
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com.
Due to internet hiring scam attempts, we encourage applicants for open positions listed at Tracksmith to apply through the following site: tracksmith.com/pages/team. All communication with the hiring team at Tracksmith will come directly from a @tracksmith.com email address. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.