Director Retail (Full-time)
Location: Boston or New York
Since we opened the Trackhouse doors in 2017, we’ve been growing our presence on Newbury Street. More than just a retail space, the Trackhouse is where runners come to train, connect, relax and indulge themselves in the sport they love. As retail continues to grow we are looking for a leader who will be responsible for every aspect of Tracksmith retail, from creating an amazing retail experience to driving overall retail channel performance.
The candidate will be responsible for building out the teams and processes for the retail channel to be successful and achieve the company’s growth targets. You will work collaboratively with senior management, key stakeholders, and supporting business partners to deliver the strategic objectives and key results for the channel. This role reports to the Sr. Director of Sales & Operations.
As the Retail Director, you will be responsible for the success of Tracksmith stores, both from a financial and brand perspective. You will own the retail channel P&L and will develop and lead:
• the long term and annual Retail channel strategy, sales forecast, and budget in collaboration with senior leadership.
• high-performing teams in the areas of visual merchandising, retail operations, retail expansion, and retail experience.
• expansion in all aspects of our retail growth plans including: market research, store selection, lease negotiations, design, sourcing, and buildout.
• store operations to build a playbook that delivers a best-in-class experience for our customers.
• pop-ups in conjunction with major marathons and other retail activations as a part of key brand initiatives and events.
• visual merchandising in collaboration with the internal design team.
The Retail Director will regularly report store performance KPIs and key insights to the senior management team, and will be required to work collaboratively with the Brand and Community teams to execute store-specific programming and events. And you will partner with:
• product and planning teams on merchandising strategy and assortment plans to achieve the retail sales goals.
• eCommerce and technology partners on developing the strategy and execution for omni-channel experiences.
• 5+ years of experience in retail roles demonstrating increased role progression and responsibility.
• Experience in a premium retail environment.
• Experience leading store expansion initiatives.
• Demonstrated experience building and leading retail teams across different locations and geographies.
• Developed and or led sales training programs for retail store associates.
• Ability and willingness to work outside of normal office hours.
• Travel as needed to support normal retail operations and event specific activations.
• Ability to travel internationally.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume email@example.com.
Due to internet hiring scam attempts, we encourage applicants for open positions listed at Tracksmith to apply through the following site: tracksmith.com/pages/team. All communication with the hiring team at Tracksmith will come directly from a @tracksmith.com email address. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.