Footwear Development Director
Location: Boston, MA/Hybrid
Travel: Up to 20%
The Footwear Development Director will help lead all footwear sourcing, development and engineering for Tracksmith’s entry and expansion in the performance footwear market. This teammate will assist and contribute ideas for product design, construction, materials, compounds, and components to enhance form, function, and manufacturability.
Tracksmith is a nimble team of highly motivated and productive individuals. It is a fast-paced environment with high expectations across the organization. However, we put a strong focus on quality – both the quality of what we produce and the quality of life for our employees.
- Project Planning and Management: Drive cross-functional understanding of product calendar milestones.
- Factory Liaison: Key point person for factory partner communication.
- Costing: Responsible for product CBD analysis and management.
- Weartest: Assist with sample tracking and weartest process.
- Best Practices: Responsible for developing performance and manufacturing standards for the brand.
- Commercialization: On point for general QC and to steer the commercialization process.
- Sourcing: Lead efforts in establishing Tracksmith’s source base across footwear, footwear materials, and footwear packaging.
- Travel: Facilitate seasonal factory travel and be the on the ground liaison for Tracksmith.
- Innovation: Collaborate and support new performance concepts based in runner insight.
- Materials: Lead the creation and management of performance compound and material standards.
- Technology: Partner with factory and vendors in developing the brand’s propriety performance platforms. (compounds, components & constructions).
- Prototyping: Co-create functional samples and leverage CAD/3D to create prototypes to evaluate concepts.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Material Science, Biomechanics, Industrial Design or other applicable technical degree.
- Minimum 8 years work experience in footwear product creation.
- A deep knowledge of shoe making, footwear development, product engineering, sourcing, manufacturing, and commercialization.
- A passion for running and a strong understanding of the sport. Some experience in building footwear in performance running is preferred.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to internet hiring scam attempts, we encourage applicants for open positions listed at Tracksmith to apply through the following site: tracksmith.com/pages/team. All communication with the hiring team at Tracksmith will come directly from a @tracksmith.com email address. Please reach out to email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.