The Apparel Designer will design technical performance apparel and accessories by conceptualizing ideation sketches, material specifications and product details with consideration for the unique Tracksmith aesthetic and creative vision while following timeline goals.
• Create Men's and Women’s apparel and accessory designs appropriate for the target consumer and develop within the project timelines.
• Partner with product development to source seasonal material and trim palette, with an emphasis on innovation, performance and sustainability.
• Involvement and support with product testing
• Create design concept boards and tech packs for all new styles and maintain files from development through production.
• Supply all relevant information for BOMs and color CADs to development/production team.
• Collaborate with design and creative team on seasonal color and print development.
• Assist fit review process in collaboration with product development and technical development.
• Partner with creative, design leadership, product development, product management and marketing to collaborate on product designs; contribute to line planning.
• Maintain fit notes and update all tech packs, BOM notes and CADs following fittings in a timely manner.
• Bachelor's degree in fashion/apparel design or relevant experience.
• 5+ years of apparel design experience.
• Exceptional understanding of performance apparel construction and end use.
• In-depth knowledge of design and development process.
• Strong understanding of patternmaking, draping, and fit.
• Strong presentation and communication skills.
• Advanced experience with Illustrator, Photoshop, and Excel.
• Deadline-oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects at once.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to internet hiring scam attempts, we encourage applicants for open positions listed at Tracksmith to apply through the following site: tracksmith.com/pages/team. All communication with the hiring team at Tracksmith will come directly from a @tracksmith.com email address. Please reach out to email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.